Thursday 16 May 2013

Introduction

Welcome everyone and hello. 

My name is Scott and I'm writing this first blog to introduce myself as a new blog writer here at blogspot.

I shall be posting as writing-dad, the reason being is because this blog will consist of two things: Writing and Parenting. Yep, you read that right. I'm a writer attempting to break into the screenwriting world at 23 years old (subject to change) whilst raising a 2 and a half year old (subject to change) monster, we call him Max.

The reason I'm blogging is to give me a chance to talk about scriptwriting and parenting in a smart/ casual way. As a recent graduate of a Scriptwriting for Film and Television course, I've had the chance to learn and master a scriptwriting ability. With this knowledge, I want to give other people who have considered scriptwriting a few tips and tricks, but also a chance for experienced screenwriters to brush over a few things. There's no shame in looking up things you're unsure of and there's certainly no harm in trying out scriptwriting.

The big catch to this blog is...well, I'm not all knowing. No writer is, trust me. So, I can't sit here and preach to you legitimate facts day in, day out. That for you and for me would be boring. What I can do and what I want to do is have a little fun with scriptwriting. Let's face it, having to sit down and writer scripts that are 30 - 120 pages long is gruelling. Why read another blog about more information you can pick up from another blog or a book? Why not debate on what makes for good scriptwriting? Why not laugh at the way a writers mind thinks? Why not procrastinate by reading another writers excuse for procrastinating?...Is this what this is?...Pants!

I digress. The writing part of this blog is not the only segment of this two flavour ice-cream. Oh no, not only am I a young writer attempting to break into a difficult business, I have another responsibility to harness. My role as a father. As a young parent, I feel passionate about young parenthood. It's a lifestyle that sparks a lot of controversy and also, as a dad, it's not easy finding many dad bloggers. What I wanted to do is welcome you into my daily victories and struggles raising a little boy with a BIG bad-ass attitude. By keeping my posts casual and less of a diary, hopefully I can intrigue people into realising that young fatherhood is not such a bad thing and also...my son is CRAZY!

With a little luck and perseverance, this blog can interest you enough to take 5 minutes off of whatever you're doing to learn and enjoy the aspects of life through my P.O.V. The blogs will be as fairly balanced as I can make them, I will take requests if I feel comfortable writing about them.

Thanks for taking the time to hit me up. Have yourselves a good day.

Writing-Dad (that's my sign off, until I can think of a cool catchphrase)

(Courtesy of maxandmummy.blogspot.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment